We are always looking for ways to improve User Safety and Moderation in AltspaceVR, and in that spirit we’re making several key updates which will take effect on May 31, 2022.
First and foremost, we are moving into Phase 3 of our MSA integration plan, which means you will need a Microsoft Account to log into AltspaceVR.
So if you haven’t already, please be sure to link your classic AltspaceVR account to a personal Microsoft Account before May 31st to continue using the platform — and to maintain your profile, avatar and friends lists.
Here is a quick video tutorial on how to link your classic account to MSA.
Note: You will need to link to a personal MSA. Work and School Accounts (AAD) won’t work.
Since you’ll be linking your accounts ahead of time, you won’t be caught in uncomfortable loops when logging into events.
Here are a Few Other Updates
- New reporting features on the People tab provide additional ways to flag users/events/worlds, and include a dialogue box to add context to a report.
- Age-Gating: new features allow adult event Creators to mark their events as mature with an orange tag, add warnings before entering, and block underage users from joining.
- Various other fixes, including one for adding friends via Nametags.
Keep Your Account Safe
We also wanted to add a quick PSA about internet security: sharing your login information is always a risky prospect. Please treat ALL online requests for logins/passwords with suspicion!
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Before entering your password on any site (not just AltspaceVR), double-check the site identity by confirming the URL is the official website, and that it has the little padlock next to it.
- Always verify what permissions an extension requests before installing it. This information is always available in the extension details page, and some browsers will show a popup with them before installing. If it requests permissions that you don’t think it needs to do its job, don’t install it.
- If you believe your information is compromised, be sure to update your password. If you feel your account has already been accessed somehow without your consent, contact support and we can log your account out of all devices.
Community Helper Program
Finally, we will be pausing our Community Helper program for the time being as we figure out what the future of moderation, support, and volunteers looks like on AltspaceVR. CH badges, related Discord channels, and AltspaceVR 101 events will no longer be accessible after May 25, 2022.
Special thanks to all the Community Helpers who have provided such great support over the years. You’ve been the heart and soul of our platform and we’re so grateful for all your contributions.
Thanks for your continued support of AltspaceVR and for joining us on this adventure.
The post Important Updates on MSA Integration, Security, and More appeared first on AltspaceVR.