Table of Contents
This document explains how to set-up an existing project with the Spatial Creator Toolkit
- Download the Starter Template. Click here to download it. This project is already ready to go, and comes fully configured. Bringing your assets into this project is the easiest way to ensure your environment will work correctly in Spatial.
- Export your project as a UnityPackage. Open your project, and select all the assets under “Assets” in your Project panel. Once selected, click the “Export package…” under the “Assets” menu item in the main toolbar. Save this somewhere on your drive.
- Close your project and open the Starter Template.
- Import your UnityPackage into the Starter Template. With the starter template project opened, select “Assets/Import Package/Custom Package” and select the file you saved earlier.
- Setup your environment scene as a spatial environment.
- Cleanup. You can keep the Starter Template asset in your project as reference, or you may delete all of it (except for the contents of the
AltspaceVR Sunset Migration #
Step-by-step instructions for Exporting AltspaceVR Worlds to Spatial. #
- Unity 2021.3.8f1 with WebGL Build Support module
- A Spatial account (easily created by connecting a Google, Apple, or email account)
- The Spatial Creator Toolkit Starter Template
- Your AltspaceVR Unity project
- Spatial Creator Toolkit Sample Scenes 1
- Download the Spatial Creator Toolkit Starter Template, which includes everything you need to publish from Unity to Spatial.
- Open your AltspaceVR Unity project and export it as a .Unity package. Ensure that any custom scripts or Altspace-specific code packages are removed or not selected. To do this, select all the assets under “Assets” in the Project panel, then click “Export package…” under the “Assets” menu item in the main toolbar. Save the file to a location on your computer.
- Close your AltspaceVR Unity project and open the Spatial Starter Template, making sure to use Unity 2021.3.8f1.
- Import the Unity package you exported in step 2 into the Spatial Starter Template. To do this, select “Assets/Import Package/Custom Package” and select the file you saved earlier.
- Set up your scene as a Spatial environment. Open the Spatial Configuration panel using the gear icon in the top right, then drag your Unity scene into the Environment Variant slot. In the Account tab, ensure you are logged in by following the steps to get your Access Token.
- Test your space in a private sandbox on Spatial by clicking “Test Current Scene”.
- When you are ready to publish your space, click the Publishing button in the top right and follow the steps to publish to Spatial.
- Once your space is done publishing (you will receive an email notification), head to the “+ Create a Space” window on the web, in the mobile apps, or in VR and open the Packages tab to find your Unity scenes to select from.
- Once your space is created, it will be instantly accessible across web, mobile, and VR.